This page is meant to be a brief summary of my life experience and resume. It’s designed to give out more information about me to those who are interested. I am not trying to boast about myself as I am only one of God’s many children on this earth. Like any other human, I have my failures and weaknesses. The only thing I have to boast about is my God. The facts about my life are broken into categories as follows:
- I have lived in North Idaho my whole life. I was born and raised in Bonners Ferry where I attended school until the middle of my sophomore year.
- My family moved to Lewiston, Idaho for about 18 months and returned to Sandpoint in 1975.
- Married my first husband in 1976 and lived in Lewiston for about three years. Then we moved to Sandpoint to help in my parents’ office supply business.
- Moved between Sandpoint and Coeur d’ Alene as my parent’s office supply store grew.
- Divorced in 1986 due to an alcoholic and abusive spouse. We had two sons.
- Lived and worked in Sandpoint from 1986 to the present.
- Remarried to Steve Ulbredtch in 1994 and inherited five more sons.
- Presently live in Sandpoint, Idaho, with my husband, Steve, and my spoiled dog, Roxy.
- From preschool age through third grade I attended Vacation Bible Schools at a variety of churches with children of my parent’s friends and neighbors.
- From grades 4-10.5, I attended a Lutheran Church in Bonners Ferry. I was baptized by sprinkling in the fifth grade and attended confirmation classes in my seventh and eighth grade years. For my graduation from the confirmation classes, I stood before the church congregation and confessed that Jesus Christ was my Lord and Savior.
- In Coeur’d Alene, I sporadically attended Coeur d’ Alene Bible Church.
- In 1987, after my divorce, I rededicated my life to Jesus Christ. My family of three attended First Christian Church where I was born again. I began working in Children’s Ministry, playing my clarinet in the church orchestra, and leading a single adult’s Bible study group.
- In 1991, after meeting Steve, I began periodically attending Sandpoint Christian Center, now New Life Church.
- After my marriage to Steve, our family moved to regularly attending Sandpoint Christian Center, now New Life Church. We presently attend this same church. Throughout the years I have helped in Children’s ministry, Children’s church, Sunday School, Small Adult Group Bible studies, Teen camps, and as a volunteer in our church office for about five years.
- Steve and I also encourage and share God’s word to individuals in the community as the opportunity arises.
- Elementary School in Bonners Ferry.
- High School in Bonners Ferry, Lewiston and Sandpoint.
- One year of academic business classes and two years of vocational business classes at Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho
- One year of Commercial Art classes at North Idaho College in Coeur d’ Alene.
- Two years of Journalism and General classes at North Idaho College, graduating with an A. S. Degree in Journalism in 2002.
- Three years (part-time) taking Education classes through Liberty University Online based in Lynchburg, VA. Graduated with a B. S. Degree in Education in 2012.
- Two years of statistical typing in College work study program at Lewis-Clark State College. My first year I typed sets of library cards for cardfiles in the LCSC library. The second year I helped the Vocational Purchasing Agent by typing up bids, purchase orders, and lists of tools and supplies that students’ needed.
- About 16 years in my parent’s office supply business. I did Accounts Receivable for one year, retail sales and stocking shelves for about 12 years, and helped in the service department as a secretary and parts ordering person for about three years.
- About two years, working in the work study program at North Idaho College. I worked in the Molstead Computer Lab, helping students who had problems with the computers when they were working on their assignments.
- About eight years, worked in a local fast food restaurant, preparing food and teaching new employees how to do the same.
- Worked eight years in a local business, helping developmentally challenged adults learn living skills like how to use community resources, how to do menu planning, and helping teach them social skills, and money skills.
- Retired with disability in 2010 due to a back injury and other health issues.
- Wrote poetry and news articles for my school newspaper in elementary school.
- Two years of writing articles for The Sentinel, the newspaper for North Idaho College, during my two years of Journalism Classes. Two other students and I won an “Excellence in Journalism” Award in 2001 from the Society of Professional Journalists (Inland Northwest Chapter).
- Wrote a few Letters to the Editor and a couple of news stories that were published in our local newspaper, the Bonner County Daily Bee.
- Put together bulletins, correspondence, directories and newsletters while working in our church office as a volunteer for about six years.
- Created several websites, using http://www.wordpress.com to display my writing and advertise my books.
- Wrote several articles and shared them on http://www.faithwriters.com.
- Authored and self-published two books with the help of http://www.westbowpress.com
- Compiled a book of over 400 articles written by William Curtis Harvard, a former elder from our church. Published the book “Hidden Treasure” using the Kindle Direct application on http://www.amazon.com The book cover was designed by Laura Wahl, who worked for Keokee Publications in Sandpoint,